Thursday, November 10, 2011

Winner Fashion Accessories of Nicole Richie

Stylish star Nicole Richie has been named Influencer of the Year at the Accessories Council's ACE Awards. Richie was honored for Fashion accessory collections House of Harlow 1960 and Winter Kate in New York. When asked the secrets to her success, Richie told WWD: "I absolutely would never design something that I wouldn't wear myself."
"But for me the most important thing is to listen to my customers and get their feedback - I design for them." Richie took to the event's purple carpet looking effortlessly chic in a black, column dress. She kept her accessories simple with black and gold earrings, a few rings and a small box clutch.

But, the reality TV star admits she has had plenty of fashion failures in the past. "When I was a little girl, my mum used to always get us matching dresses for everything," she cringed. "So I was wearing the poufy skirt version of whatever my mum was wearing, and I had the worst, hairiest eyebrows and a big afro. That was before I was allowed to use a flatiron."

Now a mum herself, Richie hasn't let her children affect her style. She and husband Joel Madden are parents to three-year-old daughter Harlow and two-year-old son Sparrow. "I'm still wearing five-inch heels," she says. "My fashion really hasn't changed at all."

Marchesa fashion designers Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig were also honoured at the ceremony. Attendees included models Agyness Deyn in a black, cut-out black lace dress, Czech Republic-born Petra Nemcova, who stunned in a red, one-shoulder gown and American model Coco Rocha in navy blue.

Designers Christian Louboutin and Diane von Furstenberg also walked the purple carpet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...